Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fit Moms and World Peace

Yesterday, co-author Laurie Kocanda and I talked about life as a fit mom at our local NBC affiliate. Funny thing is, dressed to workout as I was, at the end of the day I realized I never worked out, despite sweating profusely from nerves. No, I just talked about working out. And I just smelled like I worked out. Does that count?

As we mention in the segment, we'll be at the Eden Prairie Hot Mama store tonight (Feb. 21!) from 6:30-8:30. Hot Mama will donate 15% of purchases to the scholarship fund for Moms on the Run. Sure there are needier people in the world to raise money for, but if these scholarships allow a mom to be part of a fit community and find support through sweaty sisters, she will grow stronger physically and mentally, which might make her more patient and kind toward her children, which ultimately contributes to world peace. Plus, Moms on the Run raises money each year for Feed My Starving Children, so your purchase is like an investment in further fundraising. So yes, buying something new tonight at Hot Mama is contributing to world peace. Not that you need a reason to buy something new for yourself...

No comments: