Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September is the New January

Today is the first day of school for my girls. For a lot of people, September--with the start of school for kids (and the memory of that start still embedded in the brains of adults)--is possibly more significant than the first day of the new year when it comes to resetting, reclaiming, or recharging their life.

It's no wonder then that I'm feeling the need to get organized--my albatross, that thing I always vow to do better. As you can see from the state of my office below, it is no different (perhaps worse?) than it was when I blogged about the need to be more organized at the beginning of January.

Just for the record, I did not leave that small red shoe on my desk, nor the Belle cup, or toy tractor on the floor. I am responsible for the piles of receipts, notecards, stickies, papers, and stack of birthday cards that are now late, however.

As soon as the girls get on the bus, I will tackle the office. Unless I go to yoga... which I've vowed to do more this fall, too.

Do you find September to be a good time to reconsider your goals/resolutions/direction? Is September more significant for new beginnings than January for you? Anyone want to come over and clean off my desk?

3 comments:

Jen said...

My office is way worse! Although, to be fair, we are lacking furniture, shelving, etc., that provides any real storage. I'm a teacher, so Sept. is definitely a new beginning for me. I love both opportunities for clean slates! Enjoy your time..

kh said...

Yes! I don't even have children and I still find I'm motivated by the "back to school" energy in the air. It's a great time to recommit to things and check off the to-do list. I love it!

Kara said...

I went with the yoga instead of the office today. Now I'm just being stubborn.